The Board Ready Executive Training Programme is for newly appointed directors, senior managers and heads of function, aiming to secure a Board appointment within the next three years. It is an ideal introduction to becoming an effective, well-rounded board director and will provide excellent insight into the role of both Executive and Non-Executive Directors.
Module One – becoming a board director
NEW COURSE DATES: 25th and 26th November 2020
This two day programme is an essential introduction to all the facets of becoming an effective director. At the end of this module, participants will have gained an introduction to the topics below, contrasting an SME’s and listed businesses:
- Good corporate governance
- The constitutional responsibilities and role of the Board
- Directors and NED responsibilities
- Board dynamics and politics
- Board structures and committees
- Preparation for Board meetings
- Developing confidence, presence and board relationships
- An opportunity to hear from an experienced Board Director who will share their experience.
- Greater insight into the role of the NED
- Being effective within the role
- Developing organisational relationships
- Preparing for a secondment or board appointment including completing thorough due diligence, researching the organisation, their market and sector.
The programme will commence at 9.30am on Day 1 and the participant’s Board sponsor will be invited to join for dinner at the end of the first day to share experiences, encourage proactive mentoring as well as providing networking opportunities.
The programme is delivered by David Butcher, a Board facilitator and advisor to many international listed businesses, organisational development expert, conference speaker and is a Visiting Fellow and Co-Director of Cranfield's flagship executive ‘Directors Programme’.
- £1,800 + VAT per participant
Module 2 - Strategy Masterclass
This one day masterclass provides a practical insight into different approaches to develop strategies.
At the end of this module, participants will have learned:
- An introduction to the latest tools, techniques and models required by today’s successful businesses
- An understanding of how to apply one of these models in practice
- Thinking strategically; how to gain fresh perspectives and apply models to familiar and unfamiliar challenges
- £1,000 + VAT per participant
The Executive Training programme is offered exclusively to organisations in the East of England.
Book your place today by emailing email@example.com